HIGH POINT UNIVERSITY NIDO & MARIANA QUBEIN ARENA AND CONFERENCE CENTER > ARENA / CONVENTION CENTER / HOTEL
Joint Venture Partner — The Christman Company
Architect — CJMW in conjunction with Perkins + Will
High Point, NC
PROJECT DELIVERY —
- Christman/Samet was chosen to complete High Point University’s newest addition, the Nido & Mariana Qubein Arena, Conference Center and Hotel.
- This 282,000 SF project includes a 4,100 seated-fan arena, a 15,000 person conference center, and hotel.
- The arena offers luxury suites, locker rooms, athletic offices, press room, weight/athletic training rooms, ticket office and practice gyms. Wood panels on the ceiling are similar to those of Madison Square Garden. The scoreboard is the second largest in North Carolina.
- The conference center can be subdivided into ten breakout rooms when necessary. The audiovisual system includes 54 speakers and a 43 ft. wide screen (and is as tall as a two-story home). This space houses events for students and community organizations.
- Students in Hospitality Management will learn what it takes firsthand to run a hotel. The Jana & Ken Kahn hotel is one big learning lab that will give students the experience necessary to succeed in their careers. This boutique hotel houses thirty rooms, and is also connected to Alo, a fine dining restaurant that helps students build confidence in a professional setting.
I’m going to give you a commercial, much better than you ever hoped for, because my friend, you have earned our respect. What you have done here is nothing short of a miracle. You did it in the most phenomenal way…it’s a case study in project management. Any given day hundreds of workers were here [to complete the project]…